website counter

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hunting season

This has been an extremely successful hunting season for the Geiser-Bauck deer hunting group around New York Mills, MN. At least 6 potential wall mounter bucks have been shot. Dad shot a 164 inch 13 pointer 150 yards from the house (deer drag story to come later), my brother Cody shot a 140 inch 12 pointer, my uncle David shot a 147 inch 9 pointer about 200 yards from my stand, my cousin Shanna Shot a 130 incher right by the house, cousin Sam shot a 137 incher, and my cousin Isaiah shot one that will probably go over 130 as well. 15 years of passing up little bucks is paying off!

But I do not measure success of a hunting season on the size of the bucks we shoot. It is also about spending some time with family, getting out in the woods, and relaxing. In those areas this hunting season has been very successful as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment